What is a good day?

My mother believes in starting new ventures on a "Good day". She will consult the calendar and come up with a great muhurat (auspicious moments) to do stuff. This really makes me wonder.. what is a good day, really?

If good things happen on good days.. i wonder "why were all my tests were set on inauspicious days..?" for e.g. I gave my engineering entrance on a New Moon day(amavasya). regarded as the worst day (in my tradition) for anything..First day of classes this semester started on a New moon day .. and to top it off my class was during the worst hours within that day (yamagandam). I am doing okay in spite of that ... so why be so hung up on a so called "good day"

I won't call it a stupid superstition .. but it is one amongst many things that I cannot comprehend...!!!

Cheers
Sridevi Seshabhattar
31st August 2009

1 comment: